Yes, this is possible.
Before you can use your third-party remote control with Teleboy, a setup is necessary.
Set up your third-party remote control:
- Go to “Remote control and devices” in the settings and select “Teach remote control”.
- Follow the learning steps, which are described.
- The first part is to configure the default buttons that you need for general navigation of the Apple TV interface.
- In the second part, you will configure the playback buttons. These are necessary for operating the player.
- After finishing the configuration, exit the settings and go to the Teleboy application.
- Done! Now you should be ready to go.
Note for the control buttons:
- Play / Pause / Stop are assigned for pausing and resuming the video stream.
- For changing the channel, the “Skip” commands are used.
- Fast forwarding is possible with the “Jump” buttons, a click is a jump, if you keep the button pressed it will fast-forward through the program at a constant speed.
Note for Harmony users: The Logitech Harmony remote control must not be pre-configured as an Apple TV remote control, because in this case the learning of the playback buttons is not possible. We recommend you to set up the Logitech Harmony remote as a normal TV or Samsung TV remote for the Apple TV environment and then teach it according to the instructions.
Note for Samsung TV users: With some models of Samsung TV remote controls, we have found problems with the coil buttons. These automatically send a signal when pressed, so that the function is terminated. If after setting up, the spooling with a Samsung TV remote control does not work properly, we recommend using other buttons for spooling. You can still assign another function to the rewind buttons (skip rewind or zap).