If you have problems installing the FRITZ! box or the info light on the router lights up red after switching on, you should check the following settings:
Make sure that you are connected to the FRITZ!box. Best via LAN cable (yellow). A connection via WLAN is also possible.
- Call up an Internet browser (Firefox, Safari or similar) and enter the address http://fritz.box/ .
- You will find the login data on the bottom of the box (FRITZ!Box password). This is not the network key (WPA2).
- You are now in the settings of your FRITZ!box. Select the tab "Internet" and the sub-item "Access data".
- Make the following settings (see below)
- Click on "Apply" and wait a moment. The Internet access should now be checked.
Internetanbieter: Anderer Internetanbieter
Name: Please leave empty
Anschluss: Anschluss an einen DSL-Anschluss
Zugangsdaten:: Select "Nein". If the options "Ja" and "Nein" are not displayed, please change the view to "Extended" or "Standard". This setting is usually located at the top or bottom of the screen.